This MST hub lets you connect three DisplayPort monitors to your Mini DisplayPort computer. MST works on any Windows® device that supports DisplayPort 1.2, such as models of the Lenovo™ Think Pad® and Microsoft® Surface™. When connected to earlier revisions of DisplayPort, such as DP 1.1 the MST hub acts as a video splitter.
Increase your productivity with multiple monitors
The newest generations of laptops are more portable than ever, unfortunately this means you’re left with fewer video outputs and a small integrated screen. The MST hub solves these problems by letting you connect three independent displays to a single mDP port on your computer, which makes multitasking much easier. Using the MST hub, you can extend your desktop onto additional monitors and stream independent content to each display, which makes it easier to multitask and increase your productivity – perfect for creating an easy-to-dock hot desk solution with a wireless keyboard and mouse peripheral set. You can also mirror the same image onto multiple displays for remote viewing applications such as digital signage.
Astonishing picture quality that won’t drain your system resources
MST technology uses your existing video card to minimize the use of system resources while delivering Ultra HD 4K resolutions. 4K is supported by the latest A/V devices and delivers four times the resolution of 1080p. Plus, because the MST hub can output high-definition 1080p, the MST hub is perfect for all high-resolution applications such as graphic design and medical imaging.
Works with any monitor, television or projector
With this MST hub, you can use separate mDP video adapters to connect HDMI, VGA or DVI displays, for compatibility with all of your existing monitors. The hub is VESA and DisplayPort certified to support DP 1.2 enabled systems, for seamless integration with your existing video equipment.
The MSTMDP123DPhas been certified by Microsoft and tested for compatibility with your Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book and is backed by a 3-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- GPU CAPABILITIES: Please verify maximum number of displays supported by your GPU; Some GPU chips (such as Intel HD Graphics) are only capable of supporting a maximum of three displays (laptop screen may be disabled when connected to three monitors)
- CONVENIENCE: MST (multi-stream transport) hub is equipped with a built-in 4″ (10cm) cable for video (Mini DisplayPort) and an AC power adapter
- Supports LPCM digital audio
- EASY TO USE: Multiple monitor adapter natively supports 3x DP monitors; Works with Windows only and provides an easy driverless setup
- INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY: Increase productivity by extending your desktop at your workstation in the office/home office
- MST technology uses your GPU/video card performance to deliver uncompressed video and use minimal system resources
- COMPATIBILITY: 3-Port Mini DP to DisplayPort MST video splitter works with laptops, computers or desktop graphics cards
- Requires host system with DP 1.2/HBR2/MST or later from HP, Dell & Lenovo and AMD, Nvidia & Intel video cards
- DISPLAY RESOLUTION: Triple monitor mDP to DP MST hub supports resolutions up to 2x 4K 30Hz + 1x 1080p 60Hz on three screens or three ultrawide displays up to 2560×1080 60Hz
- MULTI MONITOR ADAPTER FOR WINDOWS: Mini DisplayPort to Triple DisplayPort MST hub drives up to 3x DPmonitors in extended or duplicate mode using a Mini DP port on Windows desktop PCs or laptops
- Not compatible with macOS