This MST hub lets you connect three HDMI® monitors to your DisplayPort™ (DP) 1.2 equipped Windows® laptop or desktop.
Increase productivity with multiple screens
The newest generations of computers are more portable than ever, which often means that you’re left with fewer video outputs and smaller integrated screens. ThisMST hubsolves both of these problems by letting you connect three additional displays to your computer, which makes multitasking much easier.
Configure your displays for any environment
Using the MST hub, you can extend your desktop onto additional monitors and stream independent content to each display. You can also mirror the same image onto multiple HDMI televisions or projectorsfor remote viewing applications such as digital signage.
Enjoy amazing video qualitywithout draining system resources
MST technology uses your existing video card to minimize the use of system resources while delivering Ultra HD 4K resolutions. This unprecedented performance makes MST perfect for high-resolution applications such as graphic design, gaming and medical imaging.
Note: When using a DisplayPort 1.1 video card the MSTDP123HDwill act as splitter, automatically mirroring your video source across all displays. Resolution limitations apply.
The MSTDP123HDsupports plug-and-play installation for a hassle-free setup, and is backed by a StarTech.com 3-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Note: MST shares 21.6Gbps across all attached displays. Higher resolutions can restrict the available bandwidth with the remaining ports, please see our guideline below for determining an ideal resolution for your setup.Certain graphics adapters have limited MST support and will only output to three displays in total. If more than three monitors are attached the fourth will be disabled. Some monitors limit available resolution
Average Resolution Bandwidth Allocation
1920×1080 (High-definition 1080p) @60hz – 22% 1920×1200 @60hz – 30% 2560×1440 @60hz – 35% 2560×1600 @60hz – 38% 3840 x 2160 (Ultra HD 4K) @30hz – 43%
Note: Exceeding 100% will reduce functionality.
Examples of Supported Resolution Configurations Screen 1 Resolution Screen 2 Resolution Screen 3 Resolution Total % of Bandwidth 1920×1200 @60hz (30%) 1920×1200 @60hz (30%) 1920×1200 @60hz (30%) 90% 2560×1440 @60hz (35%) 2560×1440 @60hz (35%) 1920×1200 @60hz (30%) 92% 2560×1600 @60hz (38%) 2560×1600 @60hz (38%) 1920×1080 @60hz (22%) 98% 3840×2160 @30hz (43%) 1920×1200 @60hz (30%) 1920×1080 @60hz (22%) 95% 3840×2160 @30hz (43%) 3840×2160 @30hz (43%) None 86%
Examples of Unsupported Resolution Configurations Screen 1 Resolution Screen 2 Resolution Screen 3 Resolution Total % of Bandwidth 2560×1600 @60hz (38%) 2560×1600 @60hz (38%) 1920×1200 @60hz (30%) 106% 3840×2160 @30hz (43%) 2560×1600 @60hz (43%) 1920×1200 @60hz (30%) 116% 3840×2160 @30hz (43%) 2560×1600 @60hz (43%) 2560×1440 @60hz (35%) 121% 3840×2160 @30hz (43%) 3840×2160 @30hz (43%) 3840×2160 @30hz (38%) 124%
- GPU CAPABILITIES: Please verify maximum number of displays supported by your GPU; Some GPU chips (such as Intel HD Graphics) are only capable of supporting a maximum of three displays (laptop screen may be disabled when connected to three monitors)
- CONVENIENCE: MST (multi-stream transport) hub is equipped with a built-in 7.5″ (19m) cable for video (DisplayPort) and an AC power adapter
- Supports LPCM digital audio
- EASY TO USE: Triple monitor adapter natively supports 3x HDMI screens; Works w/Windows only and provides an easy driverless setup
- Latching DisplayPort connector ensures a reliable connection and prevents accidental disconnection
- INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY: Increase productivity by extending your desktop at your workstation in the office/home office
- MST technology uses your GPU/video card performance to deliver uncompressed video and use minimal system resources
- COMPATIBILITY: 3-Port DisplayPort to HDMI MST video splitter works with laptops, computers or desktop graphics cards
- Requires host system with DP 1.2/HBR2/MST or later from HP, Dell & Lenovo and AMD, NVidia & Intel video cards
- DISPLAY RESOLUTION: Multiple monitor DisplayPort to HDMI MST hub supports HD resolutions up to 3x 1080p 60Hz on three monitors, or dual 4K 30Hz on two monitors, or can support three ultrawide displays up to 2560×1080
- MULTI MONITOR ADAPTER FOR WINDOWS: DisplayPort to HDMI MST hub drives up to 3x HDMI monitors in extended or duplicate mode using a DP port on Windows desktop PCs or laptops
- Not compatible with macOS