DELL E6540 Stay productive and protected
The most secure is also the most powerful Latitude. Count on the durable E6540 for strong performance, protection and easy management.
Get more done each day with a high-performance laptop designed to work fast and reliably. From its beefy Intel Core i7 quad-core processor option to its128-bit graphics processing option, E6540 is designed to keep pace with your busy day.
- E6540 is the only Latitude with a powerful Intel Core i7 quad-core processor option.
- Discrete 128-bit graphics option with 2GB memory offers added performance for challenging applications.
- Boot up quickly with solid-state hybrid drive (SSHD) or solid-state drive (SSD) options that deliver reliable performance and fast return from sleep mode.
- Swappable batteries enable long periods of productivity away from an outlet. Keep extra batteries for easy swaps on the move.
- Dock with existing Latitude E-Family docking solutions throughout your office.
The most secure business pc
Data is your most valuable asset. Protect it with the most secure business laptop on the market. Latitude E6540 guards your data with industry-leading endpoint security solutions that include comprehensive encryption, strong authentication and leading-edge malware protection.
Protect data on any device, across external media and in the cloud with Dell Data Protection | Encryption. This comprehensive encryption solution suite enables centralized, remote management of endpoint security. Flexible encryption options range from simplified BitLocker management to the highest level of FIPS 140-2 protection commercially available for system disks with the optional DDP | Hardware Crypto Accelerator. Easily deploy encryption right out of the box with factory installation and simplify compliance with one-touch preset compliance.
Ensure only authorized users have access to your data with authentication options including FIPS 201-certified smart card and fingerprint readers and RSA Secur ID.Dell Data Protection | Security Tools enables multifactor, single sign-on and preboot authentication along with integrated management with your encryption policies.
Only Dell E6540 provides a FIPS 140-2-certified TPM for secure credential storage.Dell ControlVault adds another layer of hardware security by isolating user passwords and credentials on a separately controlled hardware chip for stronger protection from potentially unsecured operating systems and physical hard drives.
Stop advanced malware in its tracks with Dell Protected Workspace, a proactive approach to malware protection that automatically detects and blocks all malicious behavior in real time even zero-day attacks. It is easy to deploy and completely unobtrusive to users so employee workflow is uninterrupted.
Whether you’re collaborating with a coworker on the other side of the table or multiple partners around the world, Latitude E6540 and Dell’s essential accessories makes it easy to bring people and equipment together.
- Easily connect to recommended essential accessories such as keyboards, mice, printers and conferencing equipment with Bluetooth 4.0.
- Communicate effectively with an integrated HD webcam and microphone array.
- Keep a high-speed connection when you’re on the move with mobile broadband, where available
The most manageable business laptop
Easily manage your entire Latitude fleet with exceptional integrated management capabilities that include unique Intel vPro technology, exclusive Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager extensions, automated tools and Dell KACE compatibility.
Travel and work with confidence knowing your E6540 features a business-rugged design.Its MIL-STD-810G-tested Tri-metal chassis, anodized-aluminum exterior and powder-coated base combine for exceptional strength and lasting good looks.
Latitude can help your organization meet its environmental goals with an energy-efficient design and smart materials that avoid brominated flame retardant (BFR) and PVC.